Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Japanese alloys rule!

Got to hand it to the Japanese. They never cease to amaze me with their exquisite taste.
I just finished a silver-shibuichi-shakudo mokume gane plate, and the colors that came out after patinating itare gorgeous. 
The photo does not do them justice...
The silver appears almost white in contrast tto the alloys, and the alloys themselves display such warm colors, its amazing. 


By the way, this is a completely self-made piece, 
I alloyed and rolled the 15% shibuichi, and 2,5% shakudo. 
Anyway, I'm just going to cut it up, twist it and give it to a jeweler friend of mine to make a few seamless rings. Feeling I've reached a good point at mokume gane technique, I guess I can now relax back into some swordsmithing...

No comments:

Post a Comment