Thursday, February 17, 2011

New (actually pretty old) machines.

This post could also have the title "Buying used machinery in a recession". The recession that is hitting my, IMF and ECB stricken, country is so severe, that several jewelry workshops are going out of business. Their old machinery, being too heavy to ship elsewhere, and not wanted by other struggling professionals, end up in scrap heaps. 
That is where I found the ones shown here. I am ashamed to quote the price I got them for. 
Suffice it to say that basically they were bought by scrap iron weight.

A huge powered rolling mill. First thing I need to do is install some finger protection...

Water-cooled precision table saw, and old electric kiln.

Basically all the heavy machinery needed to make mokume gane professionally, 
for the price of a few crates of beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment